Monday, November 29, 2010

Overlooked Video Game flaws

     In this article I will show you some video game flaws that most critics overlook because they've become such a natural part of games.

      The first flaw is infinitely spawning enemies. I'm looking at you Call of Duty. But first lets get this out of the way, Call of Duty is one of the finest games I have played and almost tops Halo as my favorite shooter. Almost. I am using Call of Duty as an example because it is most noticable here than any other game. I understand how infinitely spawning sounds great at first because it keeps the player challenged, but it really gets tedious killing the same enemies that spawn in the same areas over and over. And before you ask, why don't you advance up? Well, on the Veteran difficulty, it's almost impossible without getting yourself killed.



     This leads to problem #2. Clones. Whenever I play any game I can't help but see the same guy over and over again and me killing him over and over. While this is amusing seeing a hole entire pile of bodies stacked up with the same guy, it really takes the immersion of the game away from me. The only game I have seen to have fixed this was Fallout 3. Congrats Bethesda for overcoming one of the hardest game flaws to fix.

Doesn't this look beautiful


       Problem # 3 is the difficulty problem. I really don't like it when a developer makes it so that you are actually weaker and the enemies are stronger and pass it off as a Hard difficulty. I wish that they could make it so that I would be outsmarted by tactics such as flanking instead of being killed because I could only take 2 hits before I die. While the enemy acts like it has Robocop armor.
These are my personal opinions of flaws that will probably never be adressed until something like the Play Station 6 comes out with randomly generated enemies so that no one will look or fight the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment